Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Like-ah the lichen!

Pam Conrad is one of those rare artists who seems to change styles and mediums often and with great gusto and flair.
Since first seeing Pam's studies I can hardly pass by a lichen colored boulder without wondering what her interpretation would look like.
To be inspired by your geographic location in such an intimate, creative and passionate way is incredibly moving to me.

I bought one of her 3 dimentional contour pieces several years ago at Skol gallery and have treasured it since. I actually bought it for my husband...I am admitting for the first time- in writing, no less, that the piece was really for me-is that bad?
It did remind me of the road we traveled to find our new life in southwest Colorado. So it's for us, ya, that's it.








Posted by Picasa

No comments: