Monday, September 29, 2008

Ahhh Barcelona...my thweet "Barthelona"




Saw Vicky Cristina Barcelona recently.
WOW! Best movie I've seen in a long, long time! We were searching for a fun movie to see with friends and I knew it sounded vaguely familiar...
What I forgot about was that it was a Woody Allen movie. I have to admit he's not my favorite ...his personal life and personality tend to overshadow his work and cloud my perspective of his films. When My girlfriend found out what we were seeing she and her husband hid the fact until it was over. Clever I thought. There we were on the street gushing about how fabulous the film was when it slipped out! AHHHh -that is friendship though! She knew it would have possibly ruined it for me. I'm so glad she didn't say anything. We're both over the moon about Barcelona...we could live there in a heart beat. The scenes were beautifully lit and the interiors were delicious. Nothing to be critical about...I mightv flawless...there I said it. I LOVED a Woddy Allen film.



Mr. "you know who"
talking to the very beautiful cast...Love the wall treatment.








Ahh that Penelope...she's amazing and Javier...well say no more ladies. He had me at "hola".



These are a few pics of the fam in Barcelona from a few years ago.
Sophia loved the street performers.


Mmmmm...the markets, the Churches, the art and architecture, the food, the climate, the language, the night life, what's not to love?


















This shot was right outside an amazing candy shop. the stained glass peacock was amazing. Art Nouveau every where!
Scott stopped at all the bakeries. I stopped at way too many irresistible candy shoppes. The presentation was completely over the top. At one point my usually patient-as -a-saint husband found the endless wrapping and embellishing of the wrapping to be too much...he knew the chocolates would be consumed as soon as we left the shoppe. He was pretty sure it didn't need to be fit for an empress....but he was wrong, so, so wrong -scroll down...








































Our sweet and sweaty little empress.

I had a Tide To Go incident. A pigeon deposited an emerald green gift upon my lapel...good thing my mom had some stain remover handy- worked like a dream....I really need to look into paid spokespersonship....
I rarely look like P when I ride my bicycle...hmmm maybe I should reconcider my outfits. I'm sure that would do the trick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola, Chica Bonita!
Here's the apartment:
http://www.apartmentsramblas.com/accommodation-in-apartments-in-barcelona.html