Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sticks and Stones, Let Them Eat Cake!

It's back to school time. Online school shopping mostly. I think I'm the one who needs to shop though...my little girl informed me that if I would only wear skirts and dresses more often we'd never have a bad morning (she was referring to her less than stellar behavior from earlier in the day) she PROMISED.
It's tempting. Very tempting.

We recieved a catalog in the mail this week that was over the top!

Chasing Fireflies is a Seattle company that specializes in cute- crazy cute. The twig alphabet is especially fun. The costumes are ridiculous- and I mean that in a good way- not in the "I'll buy it right this instant way", but in a "hey- I could copy that" way. The toadstool table and chairs tickles my fancy in the most fungus way! Can you imagine? Makes me want a retail shop selling only whimisical, fanciful and imaginative kid/kid at heart furniture. Then I remeber I swore off retail eons ago!





For the ultra modern firefly catcher- when serious deskwork calls.





My little girl needs indoor slippers for school- guess who saw these and deemed them perfect?- yes, and she agreed.
I realize I have created a monster...perhaps similar to the one below...it's how she sees herself I'm sure.
My eyeballs rolled to the back of my head when I saw little Marie Antoinette. That hair! She certainly is a spectacle! Reminds me of the film by Sofia Coppola. A friend of mine saw it and complained about the dialogue. "There was dialogue?" I asked, somewhat shocked. I only saw fabulous shoes, scenes that looked wonderfully edible- like cake and French macaroons, and costumes...and there was that fantastic music...dialogue, really? hmm.







No comments: