Saturday, January 7, 2012

Kierstin Bridger...Stripped!

I'm so excited about this book! Stripped a Collection of Anonymous Flash Fiction edited by Nicole Monaghan.
I'm thrilled to be a contributing author! There really is a reason why I'm posting this bit of literary information to our Bridger Construction and KB Design Stage blogs. It's because the inspiration for my story came from a job we did. I tell stories for clients... I ask them what styles they like, colors, moods, what feelings they want to evoke when they enter a space. Sometimes they're not sure. They may give me a few shades of blue. They may even give me the opening line; "I see this as a retreat" or "I want this to be like a zen spa!" They might even describe a place they knew and loved. It's my job to create a room that reflects their unique tastes, their personal style, their passions.

In the end the house or room tells a tale of who our clients are in the world, how they see themselves or want to be seen. Often it creates a space that allows them to fulfill their dreams, live the life they have only vaguely dreamed possible.

Houses, wood, wallpaper, antiques, inspire me. A stark white room with modern fixtures and abstract art tell a much different story than 4 walls of creamy golden plaster and wrought iron 1920's sconces.

I love telling my own stories too... When my two creative worlds collide, all the better!

Photo

Look for it on amazon or lulu!

Sent from my iPhone
Kierstin Bridger
Kbbridger@me.com

970-209-3691
Kbdesignstage.com
Kbdesignstage.blogspot.com
Bridgerbuzz.posterous.com
Bridgerconstructionservices.com

Posted via email from bridgerbuzz

No comments: