Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chasing the Chaise

Have you all seen the Unhappy Hipster? The perfectly pithy site that turns Dwell photos into cartoons? I love it.
I think certain members of our extended family see us this way...unrealistic design... is it so wrong that I won't allow a recliner in my home...I know they're comfortable but so are old sweat pants. Unsightly, lumpy, and probably swimming with dust mites and bacteria...
My philosophy is function over form...most of the time. Really, I just don't want to look like we picked up freebies from the nursing home garage sale. I know Todd Oldham did a series for Lazy Boy but they seemed small and only mildly reclining...
My darling husband has back troubles and my Mother thinks it is cruel and unusual punishment that we don't seem to have a really comfortble chair in our family room for him...she's getting to me!
I know he enjoys the following from Restoration hardware...but his birthday isn't until November. hmmmm
The wheels are turning!
This pic looks a little spare, the actual chaise is quite striking in person and lends itself to that Mountain Modern aesthetic we love so much!
This may be a modern chaise, it may even come in black but it's just ripe for poking fun of, right? The red number looks like it's going to sneak up on your guests after dinner...

1 comment:

drollgirl said...

um, i'd kill for that leather chaise. it is just perfecto!