Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Iornton Park Friendly Frolic

Beginning, Middle, End? It would have been better with some ski tracks in front...
Last weekend we went to Iornton Park to take my daughter and her friend Emma cross country skiing for the first time. Rae had been before and loved being the expert. The park is a large groomed loop that takes the skier to a ghost town and beyond. The girls were fascinated by the abandoned out-house. I loved the shift of the houses and the beautiful shadows the trees and roof lines created. I have a small passion for this type of decrepit architecture. Rustic for sure, also made minimalist and spare by the elements and the course of time.

The girls did a great job- not too many meltdowns and they're game to go again! We had only one equipment malfunction and thanks to a neighborly local who passed by we were saved, thanks Andy!

Ahh the landscape! Cold, and breathtaking, for sure.
Click on any of these collages and they'll pop up bigger...I'm sure there is a bloggerly word for this but I don't know it. The end shot has that beginning, middle, end quality, no?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!
wish I was there!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there too! How far from Ouray?