Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ice Lake Inspiration

Took a hike to ice lake near Silverton, Colorado last week. GORGEOUS! For anyone in design, how could these colors not inspire? I mean really? The view is so breathtaking at the end of the hike that you have to rub your eyes and physically close your mouth, lest flies rush in. I was gobsmacked!
Elegant Linens I am hopelessly enamored by these colors. They work in modern and even traditional settings. It just says FRESH to me.
Sumptuous, no? I want to put a vase of peacock feathers near by, or drape a teal silk robe on the bed post! Lime, turquoise, peacock blue, even the names don't adequately describe Ice Lake in the lush verdant summer.
fabric by ink and spindle! Modern, nature inspired and very cool...check out their blog!


Some of the many wild flowers. The Queen's Anne Lace was as tall as my friend Steph!
mmmm, me love moss.
Waterfalls, too many to count! It was heaven!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

Looks like a wonderful hike!! Awesome photos!

drollgirl said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! such amazing colors!!! and i never would have thought to put that blue against that green, but it is stunning! FAB-OOOO!!!

and thank you for your comments today! your comments make ME snicker! :)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Silverton is so beautiful! The color of that water reminds me of Hanging Lake in Glenrose Canyon. You have the most gorgeous alpine wildflowers out there. Oh, I need to get back to Colorado...

paula said...

such beautiful photos. My husband lived in colorado springs for quite awhile. I've only been once, but am now thinking we may need to go back so I can see that, wow.