Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Constructing the view

My family and I decided to run out to one of our new residential construction sites this weekend. I had a great time playing with an old point and shoot camera. Sophia found plenty of things to keep herself busy as well.
shhhhhh....don't tell child labor!
I love a tall old stand of aspen in what ever season..they are particulary heartbreaking in the dead of winter, no?
wispy clouds above sharp trusses- a study in contrasts!
Framed view of the Cimarrons-love it! This home is being built in Cornerstone. It is a beautiful old ranch and mountain golf community. The views are stunning in all seasons as well. I hiked there this summer, dined at their amazing clubhouse, and watched as homes have begun to appear. The architectural standards are high and the dedication to preserving the land, air and water are really admirable. We're hoping most of the new houses choose a "green built" philosophy and "highly energy efficient" build practices.
Scott loves the golf course which is designed to contour and highlight the lanscape and views as opposed to looking like a golf course was simply plunked down on the side of a mountain. And hey- it is rated top new private golf course in the country. We're really proud of the project- I'll update as I can.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Look at those beautiful views it'll have. Heavenly!

Kierstin Bridger said...

Breathtaking for sure!

please sir said...

It's looking great - I love going to construction like sites - so neat to see the insides of a house.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see updates!!