Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Country Contemporary

I'm so mad at myself for not bringing my camera! I was touring this adorable Telluride home yesterday and fell in love with the color creme like I've never seen it before. The day was a bit drab and gray outside, but inside this house the walls sang with the most luscious shade of creme! It practically glowed. the ceilings has unadorned angles- gorgeous!
I wish the quality of the photos were better. Love the banquet though, no? It would comfortably seat 6 and 8 in a pinch.
I'm not usually a fan of this but the juxtaposition of the barn doors on tracks, the clutter free atmosphere, lack of fussy architectural door and ceiling moldings sold me!

Tiny yellow/gold mosaic, farm house sink, walnut floors, gorgeous cabs....mmmm, mmm, mmm.


Love the paneling on the ceiling. There was also recessed lighting that made that room glow-y and instantly comfortable. You can't tell but the chaise has light blue ticking covering it- it brought down the formality of the line- nice!

This shot doesn't do it justice but the alcoves on the side of the bed, camouflage the alarm clock, water glass, paper back books etc. I didn't notice the dust ruffle yesterday...If it still exists, I'd loose it- but that's about it.
It's a rental so you might be able to stay!




No comments: