Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dear Me!

Cute, whimsical prints by the Curiosity Shoppe.
Most deer motifs are horribly tacky and cliche but....there is always exceptions to the rule.


I was driving my daughter to school yesterday when a deer ran into my car- sort of leaped over it and banged his foot on my windshield- good thing I drive a tank. I got out of the car shaky and upset. I started searching for the injured animal when a woman who had already been pulled over inched up to me, got out of her car and said it was the craziest thing she's ever witnessed. She said the deer sprang over my Volvo SUV (tall!) and landed on the roadside on it's back. It popped up and ran away- unharmed she said. At the least I think that deer is going to need a good chiropractor. My windshield cracked a bit but other than that we're all fine--how's that for inspiration.



Black Elk: Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux

"Grandfather, Great
Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to hear my feeble voice. You lived
first, and you are older than all need, older than all prayer. All things belong
to you -- the two-legged, the four-legged, the wings of the air, and all green
things that live.

"You have set the powers of the four quarters
of the earth to cross each other. You have made me cross the good road and road
of difficulties, and where they cross, the place is holy. Day in, day out,
forevermore, you are the life of things."

Hmmmm interesting thoughts to ponder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're ok!
LISE