Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stacked!

This may look a little flat on screen but up close it is dazzling. Arizona Tile makes these great 11-3/4x 11-3/4 tumbled quartzite in tiles. There is a web backing to keep them stacked, tidy and easy to install.

Luckily for me, a local company called Carpet Trends reps these little gems.

I'm currently using them for a kitchen back splash in a mountain style home.

The fireplace, which is visible from the kitchen, also has a stacked stone look with the same color pallet. The material, of course, is larger and more suited to a fireplace, it's actually the stone I'm using on the exterior of the house.

In the entry way I'm using traditional 12x12 quartzite stone tiles. The color for the kitchen back splash and the entry floor is called Golden Gate. It's really a show-stopper but subtly so and in a classic, yet modernized way. It reminds me of mid-century modern with a little more pizazz.


I'll be sure to post results.

No comments: