Friday, October 8, 2010

Don't cry for me Argentinia...I'll be there soon! If I'm not in Belgium...


Restoration Hardware now has a stunning and substantial Belgian Furniture collection, and as much as it would be tempting to buy everything for a space at that store, alas, a home must have more soul.

Belgium and Argentina may not be sisters but I believe they may be distant design cousins. I am a little obsessed with Argentina lately, can you tell? It will be our next BIG vacation destination...big country though- which area to choose? I digress...

In the meantime, I am very interested in fusing my new obsession into old obsessions...Belgiantina-this will be the big 2011 style fusion, I see it now! Look out Axel Vervdoordt!

Loving these last four items from architectural artifacts...all Argentinian, by the by! The two faux bois bird houses slay me! The color, patina, playfulness, scale...pure sculpture!

Mid century modern Argentina meet pickled oak Belgian style. I think adding chrome, mirrors, mercury glass candlesticks, pops of purple and red ensure that the Belgian aesthetic doesn't get stogy. Burst of whimsy, baby!

So- in a bedroom this highly reflective lamp base would mirror the surface it would sit upon...ideally a very visibly grained antique table...the following Argentinian bent wood table might do the trick in a small space but a much larger room an old trestle wood library table would thrill me with juxtapositional delight! I'm sure I could find something, if not at a country auction, at Restoration Hardware for sure! I hear there is a Colorado outlet in Castlewood, hmmmmm!

No comments: