Thursday, February 12, 2009

Inspirational books, bloggers and buildings

I am giving this beautiful book for all my little friends this year...it's all heart, and gorgeous illustrations.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut posted a very beautiful and inspiration post today. She reminded me of one of the most powerful books I've ever read, Threes cups of Tea by nobel Peace Prize nominee Greg Mortenson.
If you are looking for a Valentine's Day gift, this is perfect, as Greg's heart is so big...it's contagious.

He and his foundation build schools and educate girls because girls tend to stay in their villages and educate their childern.

Mortenson advocates girls’ education as the top priority to promote economic
development, peace and prosperity, and says, “you can drop bombs, hand out
condoms, build roads, or put in electricity, but until the girls are educated a
society won’t change”.



1 comment:

Meg said...

I read the book too.He is an unbelievable man. He had no money but he did a have a dream. I'm going to get the book for my little sister!